TOUGH, RELIABLE, ECONOMICAL
It’s the perfect go-anywhere reg for both new divers and veterans who like to keep their diving simple and fun.
For decades the classic downstream piston MK2 has been diving’s go-to workhorse first stage. It is reliable, easy to use and won’t put too big a dent in your pocketbook, and now it’s more versatile than ever.
The new MK2 EVO comes with the patent-pending Extended Thermal Insulating System (XTIS) that lets you enjoy an ultra-fast breathing response and maximum airflow with minimal effort — regardless of how cold the water is. The XTIS makes this possible by fully isolating the mechanical elements of the first stage from the cold, increasing freezing resistance by an average of 50 percent over the current MK2.
The MK2 EVO is also more compact than the standard MK2, yet has a bigger piston that pumps out 15 percent more airflow from a smaller package. So you can expect top-notch breathing performance whether you’re reef diving in the warm Caribbean or wreck diving in the chilly Great Lakes.
The R095 is a modern second stage design based on the heritage of the time-honored R190. The R095 combines a classic downstream valve with a large diaphragm, functional purge button for smooth and easy operation.
The MK2 EVO is the only downstream piston style first stage in its price range to offer systems and internal components specifically designed to resist freezing in extreme cold-water conditions. When teamed with the R095, this reg system is reliable, easy to maintain and even easier to use.
For new divers as well as veterans looking for an economical regulator that’s simple, dependable and that can handle all water temperatures, the MK2 EVO/R095 is not only the best choice, it’s the only choice.
MK2 EVO First Stage:
- Classic downstream piston design features a chrome-plated brass body with one high pressure and four low pressure ports.
- Patent pending XTIS (Extended Thermal Insulating System) fully isolates the mechanical elements from the cold, increasing freezing resistance by an average of 50 percent.
- Additional internal technical improvements include a new spring insulating bushing and coating, a new insulating piston bushing, a new insulating sleeve and a new antifreeze cap, all of which contribute to the increase in freezing resistance.
- Oversized piston provides better breathing performance by increasing airflow by 15 percent.
- Smaller chrome-plated brass body results in a lighter, more compact first stage.
- Stainless steel removable orifice allows for easier maintenance while extending regulator life.
- Available in either 3364psi/232bar INT or 4350psi/300bar DIN configurations.
- Meets new EN250-2014 standards for cold-water breathing performance.
- Weight: INT 230 – 24.9oz/706g; /DIN 300 – 17.1oz/485g.
- Airflow at 2900psi: 2600 l/min – 92 SCFM.