LEARN TO DIVE – OPEN WATER PROGRAM
The Private Open Water Program is ideal for the busy professional needing the flexibility of an open water course, structured around them! The time frame of this course is tailored to suit each individual.
This course is very much YOUR COURSE, designed to accommodate YOUR NEEDS and YOUR TIMETABLE. You will have your own personal instructor, allowing for a greater focus on your progress as well as more time in the open water – where it matters! This will ensure that you are a safe and competent diver.
Another added bonus about learning to dive with SCUBA CULTURE is that you instantly receive free club membership to the end of the Scuba Culture year. Membership entitles you to all sorts of benefits.
Your Open Water course is made up of 3 modules:
The home study component of the theory is done online, at your convenience, and at your pace. It is then reviewed in a classroom environment with your Instructor.
CONFINED WATER (POOL) TRAINING
The most important part of your dive course; you will be taught all the skills you need to master, in the safety and comfort of a heated pool. This session takes a full day. This phase of training takes place on a Saturday and must coincide with our existing pool training schedule.
OPEN WATER TRAINING
You will then complete 2 open water shore dives where you will demonstrate to your instructor your ability to perform the skills learnt in the pool. On another day you will finish your course with 2 boat dives experiencing the best of Victorian diving. Both shore and boat dive sessions will take a full day each to complete.
- You will need to come in at least 2 weeks prior to your dive course start date to complete a “Medical questionnaire” and equipment fit out.A”Dive Medical” may be necessary following the comletion of a medical questionnaire. A Dive Medical is mandatory if you are over 45 or under 15 years of age and is encouraged for potential divers of all ages. We can provide you with a list of suitably qualified doctors.You also need to be able to swim and tread water for 10 minutes.
- Online Open Watertraining package
- Digital certification (valid & recognised world-wide) as proof of best practice education
- All tuition fees & pool entry fee
- Boat dives
- Air fills
- Use of the latest scuba equipment; including wetsuits, weight belts, air cylinders, regulators with gauges, and buoyancy compensators.
There are some things that we simply cannot provide you with, and this is more out of concern for your health & wellbeing than anything else. These include a snorkel (risk of orally transmitted diseases), a mask (to prevent fogging up divers spit in their masks, would you like to put on your face something that someone else has recently spat in?), dive boots (tinea is a nasty fungal bug that loves to jump from one person to another), gloves (dermatitis) and finally we recommend that to complete your own snorkelling kit you purchase fins. You will also need a divers’ log book, we have various options.
All required items are available for purchase from our shop at Scuba Culture.