LEARN TO DIVE – OPEN WATER PROGRAM
Your Open Water course is made up of 3 modules:
Time as scheduled for your specific start date: The home study component of the theory is done at your convenience and at your own pace. It is then reviewed in a classroom session with your instructor.
CONFINED WATER (POOL) TRAINING
This phase of the training takes place in the comfort of a heated pool. You will go through 6 specific key areas and skills sets that will give you the knowledge and confidence to transition successfully into the ocean. This will be achieved through repetition of these skills.
OPEN WATER TRAINING
- You will do 2 Open Water shore or pier dives where you will demonstrate to your instructor your ability to perform the skills learnt in the pool.
- You will finish your course with 2 boat dives experiencing some of the best of Victorian diving.
- A dive medical may be necessary following the completion of a medical questionnaire. We can provide you with a list of suitably qualified doctors. (Mandatory medicals for divers younger than 15 or older than 45 Y.O
- A minimum age of 15 years.
- Be able to swim 200mts and tread water for a few minutes.
- Internationally recognised digital certification allowing you to dive to 18 metres of depth
- Online Open Water training package
- Pool training
- Shore dives x 2
- Boat dives x 2
- All tuition fees, pool entry fee and air fills
- Use of wetsuits, weight belts, air cylinders, regulators, gauges and buoyancy compensator
- Club membership to the end of the Scuba Culture year (RRP$96). Membership entitles you to all sorts of benefits.
For your personal hygiene and comfort you will need your own mask, snorkel, fins, dive boots, gloves and divers’ log book.