Before you checkout, get the equipment you need for your course! We recommend these items:
SSI XR Nitrox: 10/02/2021 – FULLY BOOKED & NOW POSTPONED
10 Feb 2021
Scuba Culture , Burwood
SORRY THIS COURSE IS FULLY BOOKED.
XR (Extended Range) Nitrox
This program bridges the gap between RECREATIONAL and TECHNICAL diving and provides the knowledge and experience required to independently plan and conduct limited decompression dives to a maximum depth of 40 meters, using nitrox mixtures up to 50%. This entry-level program introduces you to the Extended Range training techniques and skills, after which you will be qualified to dive up to 15 minutes of decompression and can be completed wearing a standard single-cylinder equipment configuration. You will earn the SSI Extended Range Nitrox Diving certification after completing this program.
The SSI XR NITROX course gives you an opportunity to see if going down the TECHNICAL track is what you want to do without having to make that all out commitment of investing in a twin system.
The XR Nitrox course is 2 evenings and 2 days. The first part includes theory with an equipment configuration workshop, a discussion about proper trim in diver position and the use of new equipment such as stage tanks. Over the second part you will complete a total of 4 boat dives up to depths of 40 metres. During these dives you will progress through skills to complete decompression stops of up to 15 minutes, proper stage tank use, as well as gas planning and management.
COST: $850View full dive course details
- Once you've booked your course, you'll receive an automated tax invoice from us.
- Then we will process your booking, and you'll receive a course confirmation email
- We will then register you with SSI and SSI will email you with access to your online training.
- Then we'll see you at your first training session with us!
- Scuba Culture reserves the right to vary or cancel, at their discretion, a course or its contents, where the circumstances necessitate.
- You must visit Scuba Culture at least 14 days prior to your course start date in order to present your Dive Medical (if required), complete “Medical Questionnaire”, course paperwork & conduct equipment fit out.
- Lost or broken equipment (caused by student) must be paid for by student.
- Transport to and from dive sites is student's responsibility.
- If you fail any component of your specialty course you will be charged $250 per day plus any applicable boat dive/hire gear fees in order to obtain certification. You will be offered a place on a subsequent course subject to availability.
No refunds of any monies paid will be given, with the following exceptions:
- All dive course deposits are non-refundable, unless a diver is medically unfit to participate. In this case, a “Failed dive Medical certificate” signed off by a Diving Physician must be presented. Upon receipt of this, Scuba Culture will issue a refund minus training package cost of $95 should the online training have been accessed.
- In the case of a cancellation, with less than 14 days notice prior to start date, no refund will be issued.
- Course transfer from one date to another is subject to availability and will incur a $100 transfer fee. This transfer must be made with at least 14 days notice prior to original course start date. Transfer is not possible with less than 14 days notice. Student will forfeit deposit.
- Failure to attend any part of a course (eg theory session, pool session, etc) on the due date with less than 48 hours notice will result in loss of all course fees. Course transfer is not possible in this case.
- Failure to have all online theory completed by the start time on the start date of your selected dive course means that you are not able to attend the course, this therefore means that you will forfeit all course fees paid.
- Your course must be completed within 6 months from registration of your online training.