Before you checkout, get the equipment you need for your course! We recommend these items:
Skills Update: 17/07/2021
17 Jul 2021
Scuba Culture , Burwood
LEARN TO DIVE – SCUBA SKILLS UPDATE
Skills protocol change, diving equipment also changes, hence the need to keep up to speed. Certification agencies recommend that divers who haven’t dived within the last 12 months undertake an update course.
Our certifications are done through Scuba Schools International, a member of the WRSTC (World Recreational Scuba Training Council). If you are not confident that your certification card is internationally recognised or your training agency no longer exists, you may wish to have an SSI Certification card issued to you following the completion of your training.
The update program takes approximately 6 hours.
COST: $245View full dive course details
- Once you've booked your course, you'll receive an automated tax invoice from us.
- Then we will process your booking, and you'll receive a course confirmation email
- We will then register you with SSI and SSI will email you with access to your online training.
- Then we'll see you at your first training session with us!
- Scuba Culture reserves the right to vary or cancel, at their discretion, a course or its contents, where the circumstances necessitate.
- You must visit Scuba Culture at least 14 days prior to your course start date in order to present your Dive Medical (if required), complete “Medical Questionnaire”, course paperwork & conduct equipment fit out.
- Lost or broken equipment (caused by student) must be paid for by student.
- Transport to and from dive sites is student's responsibility.
- If you fail any component of your specialty course you will be charged $250 per day plus any applicable boat dive/hire gear fees in order to obtain certification. You will be offered a place on a subsequent course subject to availability.
No refunds of any monies paid will be given, with the following exceptions:
- All dive course deposits are non-refundable, unless a diver is medically unfit to participate. In this case, a “Failed dive Medical certificate” signed off by a Diving Physician must be presented. Upon receipt of this, Scuba Culture will issue a refund minus training package cost of $95 should the online training have been accessed.
- In the case of a cancellation, with less than 14 days notice prior to start date, no refund will be issued.
- Course transfer from one date to another is subject to availability and will incur a $100 transfer fee. This transfer must be made with at least 14 days notice prior to original course start date. Transfer is not possible with less than 14 days notice. Student will forfeit deposit.
- Failure to attend any part of a course (eg theory session, pool session, etc) on the due date with less than 48 hours notice will result in loss of all course fees. Course transfer is not possible in this case.
- Failure to have all online theory completed by the start time on the start date of your selected dive course means that you are not able to attend the course, this therefore means that you will forfeit all course fees paid.
- Your course must be completed within 6 months from registration of your online training.