Its’ been nice to see the back side of what was a horrible winter for diving, whilst Spring has sprung, the start of the season is typical of Spring diving with warm balmy days but shocking and temperamental winds.
Regardless, water temperatures are on the way up, days are getting longer, and diving conditions in the bay have been great.
So, what is in store for the future for our dive club members???
- An information evening November 14 on Niue, a tiny pacific nation known as the rock of Polynesia and one of our dive destinations in 2016 (Your 1st Niue beer on us!)
- Cray season opener double boat dive, crays and scallops November 16
- Our fabulous Xmas party where members will enjoy a fabulous BBQ and drinks whilst having a laugh playing barefoot lawn bowls (December 5)
- The January 2015 Kangaroo Island dive trip
- 2015 international destinations Fiji and Papua New Guinea
- A return trip to the Great Barrier Reef aboard Spirit Of Freedom
- Some of the most amazing guest speakers of the diving industry
- The best trivia night to “out do” every trivia night!
Whilst on the topic of dive club events, another HUGE thank you goes out to our very own Dr. Kate Naughton, guest speaker at our end of October club night, and as usual, Kate’s presentation was both interesting and informative, fascinating our divers with information on the various currents that play a part in the proliferation of species in some areas as well as some very interesting geographical data about various changes that have taken place in and around Bass Straits over the millenniums and the effect of these changes on marine species.